Friday, June 23, 2006

IDLEWILD








.
TALK TALK - It's My Life (Music Video)





.
.
.
modest mouse
three songs from ‘the moon & antarctica’ :

.
.
.
DARK CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE
Well i might
disintegrate into the thin air if you like
And I'm not
the dark center of the universe like you thought
Well it took a lot of work to be the ass that I am
And I'm pretty damn sure that anyone can
Easily, equally fuck ya over
Well God said something but he didn't mean it
Everyone's life ends but no one ever completes it
Dry and wet ice, they both melt
and you're equally cheated
Well it took a lot of work...
Well an endless ocean landing on an endless desert
Well it's funny as hell, but no one laughs when they get there
If you can't see the thin air
Why the hell should you care?
Well it took a lot of work...
Well sure you'll tell me you've got nothing to say
And I went and shook hands the other day
If you can't see the thin air then
What the hell is in your way?
.
GRAVITY RIDES EVERYTHING
Oh gotta see, gotta know right now
What's that riding on your everything?
It isn't anything at all
Oh gotta see, gotta know right now
What's that writing on your shelf
In the bathrooms and the bad motels?
No one really cared for it at all
Not the gravity plan
Early, early in the morning
It pulls all on down my sore feet
I wanna go back to sleep
In the motions and the things that you say
It all will fall, fall right into place
As fruit drops, flesh it sags
Everything will fall right into place
When we die, some sink and some lay
But at least I don't see you float away
And all the spilt milk, sex and weight
It all will fall, fall right into place
.
THIRD PLANET
Everything that keeps me together is falling apart, I've got
this thing that I consider my only art of fucking people over
My boss just quit the job says he's goin?out to find blind
spots and he'll do it
The 3rd Planet is sure that they're being watched by an
eye in the sky that can't be stopped
When you get to the promise land your gonna shake that
eyes hand
Your heart felt good it was drippin?pitch and made of wood
And your hands and knees felt cold and wet on the grass beneath
Outside naked, shiverin?looking blue, from the cold
sunlight that's reflected off the moon
Baby cum angels fly around you reminding you we used
to be three and not just two
And that's how the world began
And that's how the world will end
A 3rd had just been made and we were swimming in the
water, didn't know then was it a son was it a daughter
When it occurred to me that the animals are swimming
around in the water in the oceans in our bodies and
another had been found another ocean on the planet
given that our blood is just like the Atlantic
And how
The universe is shaped exactly like the earth if you go
straight long enough you'll end up where you were

2 comments:

schottkey said...

i love that video. the song is fantastic too, but that clip..oh..
MTV has done a lot of harm..

boyblue said...

I'm so addicted to the video lately. Poetry in motion..