Wednesday, July 05, 2006

NEKYIA











.
for Pop Kinderpop (July 6, 1941 - July 31, 1991)
.
.
.
.
.
.

THE WILDERNESS YEARS
.


Some people come closer after a thing like that…but we just drifted apart…I remember counting the days to get out of that place and then I finally did and just didn’t look back…and then, years later, I came back and everything had changed and I decided to leave again…and then years after that I came back and mama came down to the port to pick me up and I had put on lots of weight and had long hair and a beard and I stood in front of her and I swear she didn’t recognize me…and I said ‘mama’ and opened my arms and she bit her lower lip - the way she does - and hugged me and I could tell I’d be sticking around for a while.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thinking...

boyblue said...

Thanks Steph...

cinnamon said...

u should stick around for a while indeed!
(but what about your mother's cooking,ha? :-) )

boyblue said...

cin,
my mother's cooking?
ask me in september...
;-)