Thursday, August 31, 2006

boquitas pintadas

Image: Eric Zener - Illumination
.
Corinne Bailey Rae - Like A Star




AEOLIAD
I told you my stories. You loved them so much. When we took breaks, we’d go up to the top of the mountain. There you would create a breeze. I told you so many stories. The ones you loved most were the ones you thought you’d heard before. You’d say ‘Wait! I gotta go for a pee’ … you’d go set zephyr free, come back and say ‘Now, where were we?’
.
I’m the only one here laughin’
Laughin’ till I wet my pants
Laughin’ till I am in tears
To the punchline’s beat I dance

(DPS)
.

I don't mind the sun sometimes
The images it shows
I can taste you on my lips
And smell you in my clothes
Cinnamon and sugary
And softly spoken lies
You never know just how you look
Through other people's eyes

Butthole Surfers - Pepper
.
.
The title of this post courtesy of Manuel Puig

No comments: