Thursday, August 31, 2006

shhh!

Ambulance
I hear an ambulance
Over the patter of the rain
I ask you about the ambulance
We kiss away our pain
You say
‘Sirens is such a funny word’,
You rap about their hysterical persistence
You tell me, you tell me
a tale about a whale - -
You hug me, You hug me -
You know it never fails - -
.
‘In a place like this we’ll never be safe
from the harm of them sirens’ wails …’
.
I think that’s what I said -
But I can never be sure…
Not anymore,
No, I can never be sure.
And besides,
with all these sirens
I can hardly hear myself think.
.
.
.
‘…and then I thought I had to be like Sherlock Holmes and I had to ‘detach my mind at will to a remarkable degree’ so that I did not notice how much it was hurting inside my head’
Mark Haddon in ‘The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time’
.
the boyracer feels a victorious heartbeat
after finding a note from a friend on his windshield
the note?
verse from walt whitman's leaves of grass...
what did it say?
"failing to fetch me at first, keep encouraged
missing me one place search another
i stop somewhere waiting for you"
w. whitman
.
P:
we bury our secrets in the garden
bloc party ‘two more years’
from
silent alarm
.


No comments: