Thursday, August 31, 2006

cycle lapse


Image: Eric Zener - The Search
.
(DPS)

spiel
You ask me how my day was and I give you the usual spiel about dancing and dreaming and slavery and suicide - the latter I just throw in to check if you were paying attention, and of course you weren’t, and of course I was only joking - but not quite.

legend
On some nights I dream of my grandpa. He only had one eye. He was a legend in his own time and a legend in my mind. Even though he only had one eye he never wore a pirate’s patch over it. I always thought that was a waste of a bad eye. If I were ever left with one eye, I’d definitely wear a pirate’s patch and try to pass myself off as one of the bad guys.

dodgy
Sometimes at night I see this recurring nightmare…Henry Fonda in a trench-coat on a bridge coming my way. When he gets up close I see he only has one eye. He has a patch over the faulty one with a stud in the center. I always wanted a pirate’s patch.

soggy
Do you want to know how the nightmare ends? I’ll tell ya anyway… Henry pulls a double barrelled gun out of his trench-coat and points it in my face. I usually wake up at this point in a nervous sweat. It’s always really foggy…and everything is soggy.
.
.
.
P:
Is there a line that I can write
Sad enough to make you cry ?
Gin Blossoms - Found Out About You

No comments: