Thursday, August 31, 2006

REVIVER

p
They Might Be Giants
I Palindrome I
And I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side
.


The Cars - Magic

.


.

(DPS)

On the way to some place
Why was I in such a hurry?
Expecting pain from elsewhere
It found me where I felt most strong

Memories escape me now and
I’m holding on to nothing
Nah - I ain’t got nothing
But for once
nothing might be enough

.


(sea girls)

I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each

I do not think that they will sing to me

I have seen them riding seaward on the waves
Combing the white hair of the waves blown back
When the wind blows the waters white and black .
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

T.S. Eliot ‘The Love Song Of J. Alfred Prufrock’

No comments: