Thursday, August 31, 2006

ITHACA AND EVERYTHING AFTER

After six whole days in Ithaca,
five of them prostrate,
I got to wonderin’ bout my end
And cursing my own fate
I caught myself there wishing
For yet another war

(DPS)
.
Honeymoon In Beirut
.

.
ON THE MOON, OR THE WAYWARD HUSBAND
On the moon, (he goes there quite often), there is a giant dry land oyster, who rathers dust than water. This oyster can talk because I say it can, says the man who goes quite often.
His wife is willing.
Willing what? Says the man who goes quite often.
To accompany her husband quite often. Deep in himself, he shuts his eyes and dreams he awakens someplace else. There a giant dry land oyster who rathers dust to water for reasons known only to itself. All of this is placed on the moon for reasons of privacy. When the earth is dark the moon is bright… One is thankful that the husband that goes quite often returns just as often; not completely, else he should not go again.

by Russell Edson in ‘The Very Thing That Happens’
.
I write down everything that you say
So I don’t get lonely when you go away
Book Of Love, ‘Book Of Love’

(P)

No comments: