Thursday, August 31, 2006

the patience of angels
























.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A creature that hides and ‘withdraws into its shell’, is preparing a ‘way out’. This is true of the entire scale of metaphors, from the resurrection of a man in his grave, to the sudden outburst of one who has long been silent.
Gaston Bachelard
from
The Poetics Of Space
.

whirl

It whirled me silly-
I gasped -

It was too close –
Not close enough

It tore me in two -
I multiplied further

It became a part of me
For ever
(DPS)
.
.
.
Starfish and coffee
Maple syrup and jam
Butterscotch clouds, a tangerine
And a side order of ham
If u set your mind free, honey
Maybe youd understand
Starfish and coffee
Maple syrup and jam

PRINCE
Starfish & Coffee

(P)
.
Image: Eric Zener - Facing Change
.
the title of this post courtesy of Eddie Reader


No comments: